Before we start…
This is an old truism… GOOD — FAST — CHEAP … Pick any TWO.
So when someone says “this is how you do it“, look at his reference:
- Most builders want Fast and Cheap. Your shower remodel might only last 5 years.
- The upgrades I talk discuss here all fall into the GOOD circle. They are not FAST. I do the work myself, so labor costs are “cheap”.
- Remember, we are aiming for Efficiency and Quality!
My Front door faces the empty side lot. We bought it to fulfill the original concept of a grand house.
Yikes, The shower was falling through the floor.
The Experts installed the glass block wall over bare wood — in a SHOWER. It Rotted and the shower is falling through the floor.
And the “Open-Plan” Bathroom design has got to go. Who builds a toilet room without a door? We’ll install a commercial grade pocket door.
Ready? Let’s fix this catastrophe!
25 years ago, the Architect specified 6″ of fiberglass insulation in the attic. So… what did the builder install?
- 10% of the attic had NONE
- The rest had just HALF what was promised
Who wants to live in a cold & drafty house that costs a fortune to Heat?
Well, I’m tired of freezing. I’m fixing it.
Finally, we are getting Natural Gas on our street.
Let’s plumb the house with gas lines so we can install gas appliances.
This house came with:
- 2 Electric water heaters.
- 1 recirculator.
- Zero pipe Insulation.
- Over $100 a month just for hot water.
I converted to gas and it costs $2 per month.
Want faster service and higher efficiency?
Or… The Scary Elevator
It was dark, foreboding… Really SCARY!
A single, humming light in the ceiling reminded me of an old KGB movie. And that Princess Telephone???